Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday: God's Day for Healing.

Well its Sunday, and I'm about to finish one of the most life changing weeks I have ever experienced. The past six months I have had the opportunity to experience happiness, love, and relationship. This week, I thought that all of those things were ending. What I have learned this week is that nothing here on earth is unfailing, nothing here is eternal. God's love is both unfailing, unconditional, and eternal and when I thought I had lost my happiness, love, and relationship...God has assured me that he can be my happiness, he can show me the kind of love no one can, and we can have a relationship to last a lifetime. I know that life isn't always going to be simple, and that nothing in life comes easy... But I need to find strength and confidence in my God. I am daily asking God for strength to make it through the day, and he has gotten me through the hardest part. I may feel alone, but I'm not. St. Augustine once said, "To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances; to seek him is the greatest adventure; to find him, the greatest human achievement." The first step towards happiness is a smile, whether forced or real..."Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." 
New nose ring, new smile, no makeup, no frown.



I know this road is bumpy, but I also know that this is the road--my road--to recovery. I am starting my life over, according to no one else besides God. 


Let's begin this week.

xoxo,
Jewels




1 comment: