Monday, March 7, 2011

Fix you.

It's the start of the week and today God blessed me with strength. When I felt the sadness come to my heart again as a I got in my car to come home, I quietly sang the song "I Won't" by Colbie Calliat... then I thought to myself about God and about life and how God shows himself to me throughout the day without even noticing. For example, its a cloudy and cold day in Southern California... and this is my favorite weather. God knew that today was going to be hard for me, and he blessed me with this weather. So as I get in my car and put on Pandora....... the first song that came up was "I Won't" by Colbie Calliat. God showed me right there that he has a hold of my heart and my life...he also gave me this realization...

God used Aaron to save me. There is a reason why we call him our "Savior" because that is what he does: he saves. The beautiful thing is that saves you in ways you don't recognize until God wants to use you to save someone else. I used to know who I was before Aaron, I was a shy, book-reading, facebooking, blogging, coffee kind of girl, I had no meaning to my life and I was ignoring God. As Aaron stepped into my life, I was brought happiness and shown love that I was so unaware of. All those love songs and fairy tale movies made sense. I could laugh with Aaron, sing with him, cry with him, love with him, and be happy with him. Where does this happiness come from? Or this love? God is the source of love and the source of life... and I never realized it until now. God put Aaron in my life to give me a glimpse of the happiness I could attain through God. God puts people in your life to change you, to help you realize who you are, and why your here. Matthew 11:28 says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." In this time of struggle and hardship, I came to God with my weary and burdened heart and he is healing me and showing me new things every day. God brought me Aaron, and God worked through Aaron for me and I hope that I was a light to him as well.... and it's time that I start putting trust in God and that kind of faith...because if he blessed me with someone like that in my life, I can't imagine the rest of the plans he has for me. I pray Aaron could be a part of my future, but my ultimate prayer is that he will find himself and find God and allow God to change him... to form his heart and heal his heart during this time.

We can all be strong with God on our side. God will fix you, if you let him take the wheel. 










1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT SONG BY COLBIE! IT HAS SO MUCH MEANING FOR ME TOO! I almost get emotional listening to it!!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete