Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Aftermath


This is a poem I wrote yesterday when I reached my breaking point... but when I reached that point, I realized that I can only go up from here. At this time yesterday I felt broken, used, manipulated, and alone... and then, I found strength from God not only to make it through those moments... but to move past all this pain and hurt. Today, I feel good. I don't feel the need to look back, or to regret, or to hurt. I'm done hurting... It's not who I am. I am strong <3 

Well... here it is. 

I take my pain, I search my heart.
I search my past, and remember the start.
I search my soul, I feel my scars…
I feel alone under all these stars.

This familiar pain is back again,
I won’t lose this fight, I won’t let him win.
He broke me once, and broke me twice,
I gave him all, yet I pay the price.

Do I deserve to feel this pain?
Will I find a way to remove this stain?
What was love is gone and broken,
They were all lies that you had spoken.

I guess I’ll find my way with some time,
And I’ll look back and remember the climb.
What got me here, made me strong,
Even the lies, when you were wrong.

Pain is fuel for this long path,
And healing is found in the aftermath.
You’ll find you find strength when you are brave,
And I’ll win the race with a God who saves.


xoxo,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment