Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Planting a Seed

"Today is the first day of the rest of my life."

I have heard this phrase thousand and thousands of times, and yet I hear it and disregard it as if I already know what it truly means. But do I? the FIRST day of the rest of my life... The past doesn't matter, whether it was wonderful or full of difficulties. All that matters is that it happened and that I learned from it. I once heard a small tidbit of knowledge that went something like this: If you have one eye on yesterday, and one eye on tomorrow, you are going to be cockeyed today. How true is that? 

Lately, I have been ceasing the day and living my days to their fullest. I promised myself a couple weeks ago that I would actually live my life, no regrets, nothing holding me back. I cannot even imagine what the rest of my life is going to look like if I keep this perspective, which I am :) 

One of the things I have been getting into more is music, of course spending a lot of time at the piano, I have also been getting into concerts. After going to a Ray LaMontagne concert at the end of Summer, I decided I was going to give into my love for it a little more. So last night, I went with my friend Kd to see David Cook, Carolina Liar, and Gavin DeGraw :) AND after the show... we got a meet and greet with Gavin and David, I wish I could describe it.... but I can't, it was just wonderful.


The concert was absolutely incredible, we stood the entire time when Gavin was on stage... Certain songs that had great significance to me, just touched my heart. Our seats were so close, we were able to see Gavin perform up close... and in the middle of one of his songs, he looked and pointed right at Kd and I.... and Kd and I just looked at each other and burst into excitement... it was amazing. 

After starting off my week like that, there is no way the rest of the week can't be amazing. It's going to be full of friends, shopping for more pieces of our Indian costumes for Halloween, girls night, Church, Pumpkin carving, Hiking at Torrey Pines, Balboa Island, and a fun Halloween get-together party!! Of course there are other things I am excited for too :) But I will contain my excitement :)

Hope everyone's week is as wonderful as mine will be :)


No comments:

Post a Comment