Sunday, October 23, 2011

He uses the weak to lead the strong

Well it is Sunday evening and I am feeling very excited for this next week and the festivities that I have planned ahead of me :) Tomorrow after work, I am going to Kd to see Gavin Degraw at Humphrey's by the Bay which I am SO looking forward to... she got us the tickets and it's going to be a great little date night for us :) Then on Friday night we are having a girls night! She invited us to come and stay at her apartment on Balboa Island for the night and I am even more excited because my best friend Sophy is going to come too!!! Saturday night I am going to visit my sister who will be camping with the family on the beach in Carlsbad, then Sunday night I am celebrating Halloween with some friends! With an eventful week ahead of me, I reflect on the past week and today and I am so thankful for this life that I am living for God. 

Church this morning was on sharing your faith as a church, which meant consistently sharing the Gospel and our lives with others. Pastor Bill broke it into 3 parts of what was needed in order to share our faith.

1. Relevant Priorities
2. Flawless Integrity
3. Sacrificial Commitment 

It was all about living a life that was worthy of God, something that required sacrafice... Something that modeled Jesus Christ. The thing I found most moving and interesting was when the pastor said that there was no substitute for that kind of life or that kind of God and the foundation of a faith like that is just living a life for Jesus. The pastor read from 1 Thessalonians, "We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the Gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us." I love sharing my faith and my passion for God with the people around me. So tonight, I finish off my week with some time spent in the word and some time spent with Jesus :) in some nice warm socks and delicious hot cocoa in my new mug from Kd <3 and I pray that I can model a life like that for Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment