Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day in the Sun

Well it's Thursday, and I feel like this week is flying by! Probably because I have been so busy... but I have been doing well with not getting overwhelmed with the busy-ness of it all. Yesterday, I had probably one of the best days I've had in awhile. I found out I didn't have work, so I woke up and got ready at my own pace. Once I was ready, Kd came and picked me up to start our adventures :)

We started it off by making our way to Orange County to eat at a place called "FreeBirds" which was like a nicer and cooler version of Chipotle. After we finished, we played around by making glasses out of the foil from her burrito... quite entertaining to say the least :)



After a delicious lunch, we headed to Irvine area to go to Fashion Island... but before we made it there, we decided to stop in Balboa Island since I had never been. Her family owns apartments there, so we got to check those out and it was beyond a beautiful day!

View from their apartments!

We parked and went into a cute little shop that she had to show me and it was sooo adorable. I loved the feeling of the really small town and all the cute little shops to go into. She told me all about her family's story and how they ended up getting those places in Balboa Park. 



After Balboa, we finally made it to Fashion Island to shop around for a little while until we met up with the rest of our group to go to Knott's Scary Farm. I was excited, but also a little indifferent because I went last year with Aaron... but I had to stop looking at the past. It was a good time with friends, I got chased by clowns... of course. But it wasn't as bad as last year... it was overall a really good time, and i enjoyed myself with some good company. I especially enjoyed my day with Kd overall.... it was a total girls day. I have missed having days like that... I have some pretty exciting things coming up! Going to a Hillsong concert in December, Gavin DeGraw in a week, Pepperdine on Friday.... and many other things!! I'm daily asking God to show me where he wants me in this life, and constantly asking him for strength and guidance. If its anything I've learned lately, its that being a follower of Christ isn't easy. It's like giving a speech after someone who gave a flawless and perfect speech.... hard to follow. But he is blessing me left and right, whether it be with friends or with peace in my heart.

God,
Thank you for this life. Thank you for breaking my heart and changing me. I pray that you continue to mold my heart to be more like yours. Give me strength and wisdom, and most importantly give me guidance. Thank you for my family and my wonderful friends new and old... Be with my family in Arizona, more specifically my Aunt... give her strength during the loss of my Grandpa Dave, give her understanding and peace.
I love you,
Amen


Fashion Island <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment