Saturday, November 19, 2011

Enchanted.

Nicholas Sparks once wrote, "If conversation was the lyrics, laughter was the music, making time spent together a melody that could be replayed over and over without getting stale." Tonight, I had such an enchanting night. After a rough day of issues with friends and a long day at work, I had something to look forward to. Although my plans for tonight had previously been different, THIS night is what I needed most.

After coming home from work, I showered and got ready to head to Cory's house. I couldn't help but be slightly nervous because I was meeting his family for the first time. The moment I stepped inside the house, I just felt welcomed. I met his mom and dad, who I both adored, and his older sister who was so sweet. We ate pizza with his family and watched Elf to get us in the mood for Christmas. As I sat there with his family, I enjoyed the moment of just being content. After finishing the first movie, we put in another. Cory and I sat there on his couch and just enjoyed each other's presence. There is just something about him that I cannot quite put my finger on... he continues to surprise me and make me happier than I have ever been. After the movie ended, he put on some good oldies music and asked me to dance. As he took my hand, I stood up and he wrapped his arms around me. We danced for a couple songs and I just melted in my own happiness. I didn't want the night to end, but I knew it had to. On the way home, I couldn't stop smiling and I quietly just thanked God for what he is doing in my life.

I put my iPhone in, put on the song enchanted by Taylor Swift. The lyrics just matched my life perfectly at that point, "This night is sparkling, don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home. I'll spend forever wondering if you knew, I was enchanted to meet you." Tomorrow I get to wake up and go to breakfast on the beach with Cory, then a girls day with Natalie and Sarah follows :) and to conclude tomorrow, I'm going to see Cory play in San Marcos.

Thank you God, for your continual blessings in my life. Help me to glorify you in everything I do and that I may be a light in this dark world. Continue to work in me and through me so that I can follow out your plan. Thank you, for this enchanting night you blessed me with.

xox,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment