Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Blessed Day

Nicholas Sparks once wrote, "Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation,  but in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worth while."You know when you listen to a good song, and there is just that part somewhere in the middle that just gives you goosebumps? That's like what my life is like right now.

Last night, I stayed the night at Kd's. We spent the evening eating homemade pumpkin bread, yogurt parfaits, and soup, accompanied by Dear John. After a wonderful full night sleep, we quickly got ready to head to Encinitas to have breakfast: my first Acai Bowl :) it was absolutely delicious. From there, we did some necessity shopping at Target and stopped at the mall for cases for our phones. That night, we babysat my little brother and his friends while carrying on our Nicholas Sparks weekend with A Walk to Remember. I made us some Mexican Hot Chocolate to finish off the night. 

Overall, it has been an amazing weekend and it is only Saturday evening. I have been spending a lot of time with Kd and its been great. I've been talking to new people, which makes me really excited and happy to get to know them. I am constantly surrounded by people who uplift me, and when I am put down for something... I find strength from the Lord. 

I hope he continues to work in me, so he can work through me... so I can work for him. I'll close off this short post with a verse from Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, "Two are better than one, because they have good return for their work: if one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to pick him up!"

Friday Night Festivities 

Nala keeping my feet warm :)

Added a little color to my hair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment