Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blessing

Allan K. Chalmers once wrote, "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." For the past couple months, I have been incredibly joyous and happy. At first, I thought that with the really good, had to come the bad. I thought that my life was becoming "too good to be true." After everything I have been through in the past year, I found that when I handed my life back to God recently... he gave me contentment and peace, but most importantly he gave me hope.

I have been spending a lot of time with Cory, which I absolutely love. He is one of the best parts of my day and one of the reasons why I laugh and smile so much. I think one of the things I really enjoy about my time with him is that it's effortless. There isn't a moment that I am around him that I know I can't be myself, he just brings out the best in me. The other night, he took me to church with his parents which was just absolutely wonderful. The sermon tied together perfectly with my church's series on prayer, and it spoke right to my heart. As I closed my eyes during a worship song,  I allowed the words to captivate my heart. I sat there and realized just how extraordinarily perfect my life was. My heart, my mind, my soul, and my God are aligned and my path is directed toward a goal.

I once heard a quote that read, "All seasons are beautiful for the person who carries happiness within." Not only do I have happiness, but I have the power of God glowing in my heart and flowing through my veins. The seasons of life are all different, some good and some bad. God is blessing me with a season of pure joy, and carrying him within... every season of my life that I enter, I know I will be more than just okay. I know I'll always be blessed, even if it's just opening my eyes in the morning. We have a tendency of thinking that happiness comes from these objects and people that we don't have, instead of realizing that it's appreciating and acknowledging what God has placed in our path, who God has placed in our lives, and what he is doing in your life.

I encourage you to look at what you have, instead of what you want. Ask God to show you, and he will.

God Bless <3

No comments:

Post a Comment