Thursday, November 24, 2011

86,400

Albert Schweitzer once wrote, "At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have relit the flame within us." Today is Thanksgiving, a whole day set aside from our busy lives to be thankful for what we have. My question is, why do we only set aside one day out of 365 days to be truly thankful for what we have? Why is it that with 86,400 seconds in a day, we cannot take a few of those to just pray and be thankful?

Recently, I have realized how truly blessed I really am. When I handed my life back to God, he has done nothing but bless me. I long for a relationship with him, for his forgiveness and his grace. He has given me a family that is more incredible and beyond words and friends that guide me and love me. In the past year, the fire in my heart went out... My passion, my faith, my hope. Today, I give thanks to a God who has relit the flame in my heart and who has put people into my life to keep that flame going.

 I wish I could sit here and write out all the things I am thankful for, or give details of every moment in my life... because it truly has been amazing. Instead, I will just post some pictures that are recent that make me happy.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

LA Kings Game :)

Beautiful surprise from Cory

Egg Nog!

Addi visiting at work

Thanksgiving Feast

Part of the Fam

Enjoying some quality time :)

Walk on the beach with Soph <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment