Saturday, October 15, 2011

A series of fortunate events

This past weekend was amazing for me. I had the opportunity to go to some really amazing places with even better people. The weekend started off with a night in Perris with Kd and Chris, which resulted in a 4 hour sleep night.... after waking up at 4:15, we headed to LA to visit Pepperdine University. The drive there was more than I imagined, we got to witness a glorious sunrise while singing worship and praising God. The thing I love about these friends I now have, is that I can express my passion for God WITH them... we spent the whole ride praising God and singing to him.

When we finally made it to Pepperdine, we watched the sun rise higher into the sky and our day began. It was filled with a tour of the beautiful school and meeting new people. Following pepperdine, we made our way to Santa Monica to visit the popular Pier. It was Kd and my first time visiting here and it was epic to say the least. We got coffee, walked down the pier, and enjoyed the beautiful day. Kd and I went on a roller coaster which was surprisingly fun... and we took lots of pictures :) As time flew, it was 2:30 and we needed to start heading home to try and beat traffic... but it was useless, the freeway was stopped. The car ride back to Perris was just great, Chris and I took turns driving and let each other take little naps while Kd controlled the music. We blasted Taylor Swift... nothing less than amazing. With about an hour left of our 4 hour drive... I woke up from the backseat and began listening to Kd and Chris' conversation on faith and relationships....We spent that whole hour discussing life, discussing God, discussing relationships... and it made me really think. God has blessed me with these good friendships... I am able to have Chris as a guy friend who encourages me in my faith and shares his passion... People say there is no such thing as guys and girls just being friends, but its SO not true.... I share such a good relationship with Chris, he is my brother in Christ. Kd is my sister in Christ, she encourages me, she prays for me. These are only two of the people God has blessed me with.

After a long drive back to Perris, then home... I rushed to the Homecoming game, but I was so exhausted I didn't even have enough energy to socialize. Today I went to La Jolla with Kd, Alisha and her friend Jillian to pick up some cupcakes for my dear friend Tori's birthday, and it was so much fun.

I finished the day off with Tori's birthday then snuggling up at home alone and relaxing, and talking with a few really great new people in my life. Here are some pictures of my wonderful weekend, God bless!!!


Pepperdine University

Santa Monica Roller Coaster


We lived!!

Probably the most entertaining & silly friendship ever.

My beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment