Monday, October 10, 2011

Lake Arrowhead

Well I am home from an amazing trip. It is incredible how I can drive 2 hours away and feel like I am away from the rest of my life. This past weekend my family and I took a trip up to Lake Arrowhead for a few days and we stayed in a beautiful 5 bedroom cabin right on the lake. My whole family went, including my sister and her family, my brother and Kim, and my brother's friend Joey and his new girlfriend. I knew this was going to be a good trip for me because all I have wanted in the past couple weeks is a getaway.




The first night that we were there I had a bit of a rough time, I was feeling a little down and by the time I got to bed I was just ready to fall asleep. But when I was looking for a nice peaceful sleep, I got the opposite. I had a terrible nightmare.... which was basically reliving a different version of a breakup with Aaron. I woke up feeling uneasy, but asked God to take it away and started my day. That night when all the family finally got to the house we went out to a really nice dinner at a close-by resort, and this is when being "single" kicked in.

We went by the lake to take some family photos, and of course... photos of all the couples. I was surrounded by them: Mom and Dad, Ashley and Dustin, Josh and Kim, and Joey and Lindsey...
I felt alone, and just simply uneasy. And when I finally made it to bed... another nightmare. Woke up feeling unsettled and just hurting again.... so I closed my eyes and talked to God. I talked to him until I could fall asleep.






The weekend there was incredible, although I personally had my ups and downs... It was a wonderful town with great cold weather that I enjoyed so very much... it made me want to come up more often. The drive home was peaceful, listened to some sermons that really helped me.... drove past Aaron's work when I knew he was there at that time so that was a little different for me...But I have a busy week ahead of me... So I am starting it off today with some time with Kd... Going to get our cars washed, grab coffee, and catch up :)

This week I am doing sooo many things, going to Knott's Scary Farm on Wednesday night with Alisha and Daisy, Church on Thursday, and going up to Pepperdine University on Friday to get a full tour of the school, then Tri-City's Homecoming game, and then lastly Tori's birthday on Saturday! AND I get my iPhone on Friday :)

Busy week? Yes... but it's a good busy and I cannot wait to blog ALL about it :)

God Bless <3

Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment