Thursday, February 3, 2011

Who are you?

I guess when looked at straight on, the question: "Who are you?" is fairly simple and straight forward. For most of us, who is are has been defined by the people that surround us and the accomplishments we have achieved through the years. Some of us let others define us, we let them judge us and put a label on us that tells the world who people think you are. For a long time, I thought I knew who I was and who I wanted to be. All my life, I've looked for love, whether it be in friendships, relationships, or simply everyday life. But can love ever be a simple definition? or have a single meaning? Love is like a flower blooming in the winter, its unexpected and beautiful... its a symbol for hope and a new beginning. All my life I've waited to find the kind of love talked about in the Bible in 1 Corinthians 13: " Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." All my life I have searched for this love that seems so perfect and true, and I reached a point where I couldn't believe in a love this pure and beautiful.
About six months ago, God once again showed his love towards me and blessed me with Aaron Duane Baker. Love never makes sense from the outside, and nobody understood the hastiness of our relationship and how it took flight so quickly, but from the outside...you call it madness, I call it love. Aaron is everything to me, and the best thing about us is that we aren't perfect. We have flaws and imperfections, we make mistakes and fight, we are both stubborn and sensitive...but at the end of the day its just us and the beautiful relationship God blessed us with and its truly a match made in heaven. This love, never fails... because this love is from God and dedicated to God daily.
I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Aaron, and let me tell you all who are searching for love... it really does change your life and make you a better person...it makes you who you are . So when you think about who you are, you think to yourself...
i'm HAPPY.
i'm in LOVE.
i'm never ALONE.
i'm BLESSED.
Who am i? Part of the journey in life is finding who you are, picking up bits and pieces along the way, making memories of the lifelong journey. But no matter who you are, and who your with... your never really alone, God is always going to surprise you with his plans.

stop searching, start living.
xoxo,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment