Saturday, February 19, 2011

let the rain fall down and wake my dreams.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow once said, "The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." It has been a stormy couple of days in Southern California, and for those who don't already know, rain is my favorite weather. Although the sun is beautiful and warming, its nice to see, feel, and hear the rain every once in awhile. It has actually been a really great week, right before this storm came in, I had a chance to go to La Jolla with my friend Sarah for the day, enjoying the beautiful weather for a day. We walked along the La Jolla shores, ate lunch by the beach and walked around town for a couple hours shopping in the cute town...then the storm headed our way. Saturday morning I woke up to the rain, and was finding things to do inside while the storm began. So in an effort to stay busy, I made a orange cloved air freshener that my mom taught me to do. Simply take an orange and cover it completely with cloves (be careful they can hurt your fingers). 
It smells so wonderful, and lasts for a long time!
After doing so, I got ready for the day and watched the storm begin. I knew that any minute it was going to start pouring rain because I could hear the thunder outside, so before it got bad...I went to get Starbucks for the family :)

Getting stormy!


The day was filled with beautiful showers and thunder storms, it was the best! At the end of the day, I found myself in my room, going through old things...finding things that I seemed to have forgotten about. 


First, I found an old journal I used to write everything in... random things I heard, quotes I loved, and poems from years ago... and inside a piece of paper my grandfather gave to me before my grandma passed away, "Happiness keeps you sweet, trials keep you going, sorrows keep you human, success keeps you glowing, God keeps you going." I used to hold onto that in my wallet day by day to remind me. With these things, I found a necklace that used to be my best friend, Sophy's...and to my surprise, its an owl...something I never noticed before. God sure has a way of putting people in your life.
Hope everyone enjoys the stormy weather.
God bless,
Jewels


No comments:

Post a Comment