Saturday, December 17, 2011

Oh the Holiday's

"A moment later, he plopped down on the sand beside her, and when the accidentally touched Gabby had the briefest flash of them sitting together just like this on a hundred different weekends in the future." -Nicholas Sparks from The Choice 

Now that I have finished finals and school for the semester, I have done nothing but enjoy myself and losing myself in a novel lent to me by Cory. I couldn't even begin to explain how wonderful the past week has been for me, even amidst a week of finals... there was just too much happiness in my heart to bring me down. 


Last Saturday, I spent the evening with Cory's family attending his Dad's firemen dinner where he received fireman of the year. After some time in the spa and a Christmas movie, Cory figured it was just about time to celebrate my birthday and surprise me with something he had planned. We jumped in his truck which was filled with blankets, and grabbed some warm coffee. After driving, he explained that he was taking me up to Palomar Mountain. We made our way to a perfect spot after seeing a deer and an owl, and he threw some blankets and pillows in the back of his truck. We laid there with warm coffee and looked out at the beautiful sight: a full sky of stars and a completely full moon. After enjoying a perfect sight, he put on some music and we danced under the stars. I felt as though I was living in my own Nicholas Sparks novel, that somewhere someone was writing my story down because it was that perfect. 


After the clock struck 12, I turned 20. As we made our way down the mountain, Cory pulled out my present... a CD that said, "Happy Birthday!" on it. He went on to explain he had spent the past couple weeks working on a song he had written me. He put in the disc in and I sat back and listened. I was completely taken back and had goosebumps all over... it was just perfect. 


After getting some rest, I woke up and celebrated my birthday with my family and some close friends. It was small and perfect, just what I love. The rest of the week studying and taking finals, and on Friday celebrated with friends. I couldn't be more blessed with this life that I am living out. Christmas is right around the corner, and I can't imagine being in a better place that I am right now to enjoy it. 




Becks <3

Ugly Christmas Sweaters, Handsome Boyfriend :)

My Best Friend <3 

Christmas Lights Galore!




No comments:

Post a Comment