Wednesday, December 7, 2011

God is Able

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes, and silly people." This past week has been a challenge for me, in the light that I didn't let the struggle outweigh the blessings that were placed upon me. I had some issues with friends this past week which are still clearly not dealt with. I am the type of person who needs confrontation, someone who will come to me and talk with me to my face and resolve issues... a HUGE pet peeve of mine is trying to deal with issues over the phone or over a text message and that is how this issue grew. Yesterday, hurtful words were said to me. While I was eating lunch with friends yesterday, I received messages with words that broke me down to a low point. I tried my best to brush it off my shoulder and not let those words keep me down. When I had some alone time on the way home from school, I simply prayed that God would guide my thoughts and words to his will. 

I carried on with my evening with a group of friends to go see Hillsong at The Rock Church in San Diego. We listened to Frank Sinatra the whole ride up and enjoyed each others company. The concert was incredible... we were about 3 feet away from the stage where we stood worshipping our forgiving God. It was an incredible experience to be able to stand with people that I love and worship the God of love. In those moments I realized how truly blessed I am to be able to come and worship God with my friends. With all that was on my heart, all anger, all hurt, all resentment... I let it go and trusted that God will use it towards his will. Just as people question why there is evil, or why there is pain in this world... we never ask why there is happiness or joy. We are blessed ... and sometimes, we take that for granted. I have so many wonderful things going well in my life, and this weekend I get to celebrate my birthday with the people that truly care for me.
Cory and I after Hillsong

Feet away from the stage, worshipping God. 

Christopher lol

No comments:

Post a Comment