Saturday, December 31, 2011

Eleven.

1. Changed my major from teaching to Business Management and decided to be a part of the family business.
2. Spent a week of my Summer at Hume Lake as a Counselor with a cabin full of wonderful young junior Highers that changed my outlook on life.
3. Got the news that I will be welcoming two members to the family: a nephew and a sister in law.
4. Worked and completed an entire catalog for work with my sister.
5. Began my second year of college.
6. Changed my direction of life... Let go of some people that were bringing me down and was blessed with a handful of some incredible people.
7. Said goodbye to my Grandpa Dave, who I was able to spend some time with and get to know in the last year.
8. Turned 20 years old!
9. Got my braces off. Now my jaw is practically healed and my smile is bigger... Whether that has to do with the man in my life or not... ;)
10. Met Cory Sass, who I have been blessed with to have all to myself and share memories and adventures with.
11. Fulfilled a dream of mine when I went to see Wicked at Pantages Theatre in LA with Cory.

Eleven things... Only eleven of the things that came into my mind when I thought about the past year. Just like every year, we make mistakes, we gain something, we lose something, and we ALWAYS learn at least one thing. This year, I've learned two things... One, that regardless of the circumstances, God won't ever leave your side and he always has control. Second, is to never settle for less than you deserve. I put myself through a lot this past year, and when I finally gave God the reigns... He started me on an adventure I would have never gone for alone. He has brought people into my life, people like Cory, who have been behind the scenes for such a long time until God knew it would be best timing for the both of us. And now, with an incredible family, astounding friends, an exquisite boyfriend, and a perfect God... I couldn't be more thankful for the past year... Because even amidst the difficulties and trials... I was blessed with sunshine in my life and true happiness. So thank you 2011, for what you had to offer me and for the trials that you gave me to strengthen me.

"Here is to the nights this turned into mornings.
The friends that turned into family.
The dreams that turned into reality,
And the likes that turned into love."


Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment