Saturday, January 1, 2011

a new year, a new life.

So as I've mentioned before, a lot in my life has changed in the past year or so. Looking back at this time last year I was a senior in high school (with a class of 64), editor-in-chief of the yearbook, dating a football player, I had an inseparable best friend...And I felt like I had most of my life planned out. Although I was one of the few people that stayed behind for school, I definitely do not regret it. A lot has been taken out of my life in the past six months, but at the same time, I've also gained more in my life that I never thought I would. Some days I feel lonely and nostalgic when the thought comes to mind that in these past few months, I've begun losing close friends. I guess its a part of the whole college transition and everyone tells you it happens one way or another with friends that aren't true, but part of me never wanted to hear it. Now that I am in college, working, and dating the most wonderful man I could ever ask for...my life is different but I cannot say that its less of a life that I had before. My life isn't going to be the same as my friends that went away for school, my life is mine and I take it day by day.
So as the new year welcomes me, I embrace it. I have a beautiful life, one that contains laughter and happiness, frustration and sadness, hope and joy, but most importantly it involves people that compliment my already happy life...because the people in your life SHOULD always compliment your great life and God should always be the driving force of your direction.
SO with that in mind, welcome 2011...I cannot wait to see what you have in store for me!


xoxo,
Jewels

This first video was our countdown to 2011 :D


This next video is a silly one, simply made to make anyone laugh and trust me you will laugh ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment