Monday, December 13, 2010

Life: such a little word for a big concept.

Life is a funny thing you know. Full of ups and downs and surprises around every corner. Full of people we can so easily figure out and understand, and the ones who are shaded and preserved. There's the people we find extremely irritable either because of who they are or because we can't seem to understand why they are that way. Life, is hardly defined by words and very rarely given justice through our actions. The funny thing about life, is the change that develops over time. I guess change is ordinary and a part of the process...but sometimes change hurts.. Sometimes change is what may break us, and for the lucky ones it's simply a bend in the road. I'd like to think that one day I'll look back on my life and think that it all mattered somehow, that the change over the decades came to be a great destination. I'd like to believe that there is a reason for change, or theres a reason for life in general. I guess thats what everyone looks for, something to believe in. People look for it everyday, whether they are aware of it or not, we all just want something to believe in. Along the line, we all figure out that this life isn't something we should take lightly or too heavily. Somewhere along the line we realize we weren't meant to be alone, and we were all meant to believe in something. And the funny thing is, God is both of those things. God never leaves us alone and always gives us something to believe in...Life's a funny thing, isn't it?

xoxo: Jewels

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Life is a funny thing. My ex use to tell me, "Don't be afraid of failure. Life is about growth - and you can only grow by stepping outside your comfort zone and learning from your mistakes."
    However, I'm very much into staying in my comfort zone and needless to say - it's caused some problems! I recently graduated from college in the Spring and I thought everything was going to work itself out... and that's about when everything fell apart!
    I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog? I sometimes wish I could go back to the beginning of college, because I truly believe that's when you begin to discover who you really are, and think that's where I got lost! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I don't mind at all, in fact I encourage you to follow my blog and interact with me too :) I've found a lot lately that stepping out of my comfort zone has both good and bad outcomes. One, because I'm naturally shy and stepping out of my comfort zone lets me be more outgoing...but in a sense its not really who I am when I do crazy things unless I'm with really close friend. At this point, at the beginning of college there is a lot of change happening and even more coming my way and I'm really interested to see where the wind takes me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this jewels (:
    love you.!!!

    ReplyDelete