Wednesday, September 14, 2011

box of happiness

Ever wish you could capture a moment of happiness, or a moment of peace? Just take it, place it in a box and save it for a moment of weakness, or a moment of heartache. I wish I could do that sometimes, I wish I could reach for a box when my heart hurts, open it up and feel that happiness and peace once again to remind me that there is something better than this sadness. God gave us emotions but he also gave us self-control. At this point in my life I have to put aside what my heart wants and logically think about it and pray about it. All I know is that one of the greatest rewards in life is to love and be loved in return... but I also know that one of the greatest tragedies in life is to love and not be loved in return. But in these moments of weakness, or moments of heartache... instead of reaching for a box of happiness... I reach for God, the source of both happiness and sadness. Psalms 34:17-20 says, "When the righteous cry for help, the Lord heals and delivers them out of their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all of his bones; not one of them is broken."

xoxo,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment