Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Boundless.

You think that because he let you go, your not worth holding on to. You think that because he didn't tell you that your beautiful, that you aren't good enough. You think that because he didn't fight for you, that you aren't worth fighting for. You believe that because he couldn't love you when he should have--that you are unlovable. You believe that his opinion of you is correct or accurate... and it isn't. We live in a world of people that we think can and should measure us.
We have this mindset that one person can decide our worth, our value, our happiness--One person can choose when it is okay to feel weak, and when it is ok to be strong. We put the power in someone else's hands to limit us, to bind us, restrict us--and then we believe that they have pinned us to who we are. It's easy to lose yourself in someone else... ever heard the phrase, "Be yourself, because everyone else is already taken"? Do you ever just read something and think it's so easy and in reach, and then when attempted it's not so much either of those? It's not always that simple to be yourself when you don't know who that is exactly. E.E. Cummings once said, "To be nobody but yourself--in a world that is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else--means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." It all ties back to who people make us, what other people think of us, and who they decide we are. Not only is this completely nonsensical--but it's completely false. Am I the only person that believes this? That it's completely pathetic to measure ourselves by these imperfect people of this world? If I want anyone's opinion, its God's. If I want to be measured by anything, it's for my love of God. In the end--all these worldly opinions and measurements will fade away and it will be God who decides who we are, it will be GOD with the measuring stick.
I've spent my whole life trying to measure up to people and the past year trying to be who someone else pinned me down as.
So he let me go, doesn't mean I'm not worth holding on to.
So he didn't tell me I was beautiful, I am.
So he didn't fight for me, I am worth fighting for.
So he didn't love me, I am loved. 
Maybe not to some egotistical, imperfect human being-- but I am loved by a God who makes me WORTH something... who is perfect, flawless, graceful, loving, and every other positive attribute there is.
I belong to a God who makes me boundless to this world, a God who makes me limitless with him by my side. And sometimes... LESS is more.

1 comment:

  1. Let God fill your cup at the beginning of the morning :)

    ReplyDelete