Wednesday, April 20, 2011

James 1:2-4

Do you ever long for life to be easy? or the right answer to just pop out at you? Do you ever wish that God could just give you a sign pointing down the right path based upon a choice you have to make? I have reached a point in my life where nothing is easy, and the answer is fall from simple. Those who know me, know how close I am with my family, you also know that their opinion weighs heavily over my shoulders. All my life, i have always listened to what my parents told me and took every piece of advice they threw out at me... and it got me some pretty great places. Now that I am older and mature, I know that I have to make decisions on my own, regardless of what anyone else "thinks" or "believes." I know that I need to learn from other people's mistakes, but at the same time.. if I don't make any mistakes of my own, then I won't ever know how to make important decisions.  I've reached a crossroad in my life, the first chance and oppurtunity to make a choice on my own and for myself... one road is the path my family is pointing me towards, and the other road is the one my heart is pointing me towards. I know I am young and naive, but I need to take a leap of faith.... and I need to be aware that the landing isn't always soft and smooth. 

I guess when all is said and done, all that is left to do is pray. If anyone is out there reading this, please just say a prayer for me, for my heart, for my family... it was once said...
"When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure."
 I have some choices that I need to make, and prayer is really what I need most of... because I sure won't be getting much support... God help me, please strengthen me.

xoxo,
Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment