Sunday, February 26, 2012

Time for a Getaway


This last Friday I took the day off for a mini road trip to Palm Springs. Cory had been there for about eight days at a fair where he was playing the drums with two other guys. My best friend Sophie and I started out on our little trip with a road mix CD and some iced coffee. After making a stop at a random gas station to use a ghetto bathroom and grab some snacks, we finally arrived to our destination a couple hours later. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I was so excited because I hadn't seen Cory in over a week, and that was our longest time apart. We spent the whole day at the fair in the warm 85 degree weather. We walked around, drank frozen lemonade, ate some friend zucchini, watched Cory and the guys play, and met all of the other entertainers. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long day in the heat, Cory, Soph, and I headed to dinner in the town where we ate at a delicious Mexican restaurant that his family goes to called Las Casuelas. After enjoying a wonderful dinner and even better company, we made our way back to the hotel where we went in the spa, then hung out in the room listening to music and enjoying each other's personalities. We finally got to bed around 1230 where Soph and I shared a bed so big we had about 2 feet between us all night long. 

A couple of the other entertainers :)

Walking in town...

Dinnertime!

Cory woke us up in the morning to two hot coffees from Starbucks, my favorite... it put a smile on my face. We finished getting ready and headed to breakfast to a small place down the street before heading back home. I didn't want to leave him, but I knew that I would see him soon enough when he comes home. So we departed from Cory after breakfast and headed back home. The drive back was such a great time because Sophie and I were able to talk about so many different interesting things about relationships and how both of our journey's have been so different. After 2 hours of pure conversation, we finally arrived home.

It was a wonderful night that we spent in Palm Springs to see Cory. Soph was able to get to know him a little better and put her stamp of approval on him for me :) Now I will spend the rest of my weekend studying for my upcoming exams... accompanied by a couple cups of coffee, of course!

God Bless!
xoxo,
Jewels





No comments:

Post a Comment